Ethical & Environment Policy
Centaur Packaging is dedicated and committed to ensuring our products are safe to use and manufactured under acceptable ethical and environmental working conditions by our suppliers. We acknowledge our responsibility to our customers, our suppliers, the community, and the environment.
Ethical Sourcing Policy
As a Small family run business, Centaur Packaging believes ethical sourcing is an important standard to pursue and uphold. Ethical sourcing enables us to ensure the products we provide you, are sourced and manufactured in such a way that is safe for employees and the environment.
Being a distributor and direct importer for many years we have established long-term supplier relationships. At all times, we encourage our supply chain partners to ensure their employees are treated fair and well and consider the environment in their processes. Where possible we may choose higher priced items over cheaper alternatives. Australian Made, Family owned, and Eco friendly are always at the top of our list when choosing a new product. We look for companies that have similar ethos to our own.
Environmental and Social Responsibilities
Centaur packaging operates under NSW law in regards to Plastic Free bans and offers expert advice on the best alternatives to be environmentally responsible.
As a small business we are continually making steps that improve our social and environmental footprint. We work hard at ensuring the impacts to the environment are the best they can be in Packaging. Every bit counts that's why we;
- Centaur Packaging uses recyclable cartons instead of buying new ones. We collect these from our local businesses to avoid dumping them in Landfill. This is why you will often receive your order in a beer or wine box.
- Reuse packaging that has made its way into our warehouse, including plastics,cardboard ect as extra protection and fillers.
- Recycle Cardboard is Shredded and used as filler/packaging material.
- Newspaper or paper is often used for wrapping glass jars.
- We recycle our timber pallets by having them made into timber crates.
- Timber pallets that are not able to be reused are left out for customers to recycle into Garden beds, in Sheds for getting things off the ground and fire pits.
- We operate on very little heating and lighting. Our office is fitted with LED efficient lights and the warehouse operates with skylights, using natural lighting. Umbrellas are erected in summer for the heat ( our tropical vibe lol)
- We operate with 2 red bins for our General waste each week. Everything we can is recycled. It is our plan this year to compost our food waste onsite further cutting down our landfill.
- Our thankyou cards also have a note on recycling soft plastics in case we have reused this product and it's now at your house or business.
- We do not supply a Tax invoice with the goods that are sent with external carriers. Invoices are sent by Email to cut down on the paper waste.
- Centaur Packaging discontinued plastic straws, foam containers and other environmentally devastating packaging in 2010 and will continue to do so.
- Centaur Packaging gives back to people and the planet, so your purchases make a positive change. We partner with packaging solutions that are planting trees in the Daintree and giving back to our local communities. Locally we are proud to support Salt Ministries, Nowra City Church food hub and Local Schools and Community events.